Netaji dies in air crash, attempts to exploit his popularity are stories of non-existent life: Sugato Bose | India News – Times of India

Kolkata: Accusing opportunists of exploiting Netaji’s popularity to advance fake stories about his “disappearance” in 1945 and his “non-existent life after 1945”, Netaji Subhas Bose’s great-grandson and Noted historian Sugata Bose said that this caused great pain to many in the Bose family. ,
Harvard University’s Gardiner chair and former MP Bose said, “There is no doubt that he was killed in the plane crash.”
Dismissing theories about the mysterious disappearance of the patriot after that date, Bose said that a recently launched book by his late mother Krishna Bose was titled “The Life and Struggle of Netaji Subhash Chandra BoseTraces the life of Netaji from his childhood to his mortal end on August 18, 1945, and clearly reveals the truth.
Bose said that “my mother was very angry” with fake stories about Netaji’s “disappearance” in 1945 and his “non-existent life” after 1945.
“There is no doubt that he was killed in the air crash. All subsequent theories about his presence have no basis,” Bose said.
Responding to a question, he said that if the ashes of Netaji kept in the Renkoji temple in Japan are brought to the country, then the great warrior should be done in a proper manner with due respect and honour.
A chapter in the book is devoted to a single, lengthy article titled ‘Abid Hasan’s Eyewitness Accounts Confirming the Accident Theory’.
Hassan, a trusted aide of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose in the INA, told former MP Krishna Bose about the air travel from Bangkok to Saigon in August 1945 and the horrific accident.
“Mother had a marathon interview with Abid Hasan for several days, which he did in 1976 at our home Basundhara, about two kilometers from the Netaji Research Bureau,” Bose told PTI.
Hassan, who became a diplomat after independence, told Krishna Bose how he had been involved in Netaji’s struggle in Germany in mid-1941 and in the first half of 1943 in an important 93-day submarine voyage from Northern Europe to East Asia. joined in.
Hassan told Krishna Bose how he accompanied Netaji on his last journey from Bangkok to Saigon on August 17, 1945, knowing that it would be his last journey in life with his friend and guide.
Hassan told Krishna Bose that from there Netaji flew to Taipei with his Chief of Staff Habibur Rahman “and the greatest tragedy in the recent history of India occurred shortly thereafter” when the plane struck Taipei on August 18, 1945. took off and then crashed.
According to Hassan, Netaji was badly burnt as Rahman was sitting behind him. However, Netaji’s condition was much more serious. Efforts to rescue him at a nearby military hospital were unsuccessful and he died the same evening.

Follow us on Social Media

FacebookTwitterinstagramKu APPyoutube