newYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Ricky Martin denies allegations of banning social media after a judge issued an order against the singer Puerto Rico on Friday.
Martin, 50, took to twitter Sunday evening to address “false allegations” of a domestic violence restraining order that was filed after the “Livin’ La Vida Loca” singer was sued by her former manager seeking more than $3 million.
He wrote on social media, “The protection order registered against me is based on completely false allegations, so I will answer through the judicial process with the facts and dignity that is my specialty.”
“Since this is an ongoing legal matter, I cannot make a detailed statement at this time. I am grateful for the countless messages of solidarity, and I receive them wholeheartedly.”
Police Spokesperson Axel Valencia Said officers issued orders to him to visit an upmarket neighborhood in Dorado, where the singer lives.
“So far, the police have not been able to find him,” Valencia said.
Valencia did not identify the party that requested the restraining order. The order prohibits Martin from contacting the other party, either in person or over the phone.
The Puerto Rican newspaper El Vocero briefly dated Martin and the unidentified party, reporting that they had broken up two months earlier.
Swedish painters Martin and Jwan Yosef have been married since 2017.
According to the newspaper, Martin did not agree to the breakup and has been seen walking around the other side’s house at least three times.
“The petitioner fears for his safety,” El Vocero reported.
the order will remain in place until a judge There will be a subsequent hearing to decide whether it should be taken up or not.
Valencia said sanctions orders usually remain in effect for at least a month.
The restraining order is the latest legal problem for Martin as his former manager Rebecca Drucker announced a lawsuit claiming he was owed millions of dollars.
In a legal complaint filed on June 29, Drucker alleged Internationally recognized singer-songwriter for a “major” breach of contract and “in excess of $3 million in damages, subject to discovery and accounting, and in an amount proved at trial.”
Served as Drucker Puerto Rican singer’s “Manager and Top Advisor” between 2014 and 2018 before being recalled to the position in September 2020.
Fox News’ Lawrence Richard and the Associated Press contributed to this report.